Blogger Template by Blogcrowds.

I purchased Sidney Sheldon's The Doomsday Conspiracy at Booksale SM Pampanga for only 75 pesos and I really don't buy too expensive reading stuff (spell frugality) and thank goodness it costs only that less.
My initial reaction after reading the first few pages was like 'Alien sucks big time!' I was quite doubtful if it could be as good as Tell Me Your Dreams, The Naked Face and Morning, Noon and Night (which I've already read) merely because I was not interested in alien invasions sort of which were pretty summed up in the book. I often thought that aliens are for kiddies and I almost wished to get my 75 pesos back.

The book has two parts: 1. The Hunter, and 2. The Hunted. The first part, Commander Robert Bellamy, the protagonist and a secret agent, had given a very crucial task to track down and identify the unknown witnesses of the mysterious crash of weather balloon. After accomplishing his impossible mission of hunting the ten unfortunate witnesses, he got into very serious predicament. In the second part, he was now being hunted holding a huge and highly important secret that might cost his life.

Yes, about sucking aliens but not exactly what I had expected at first. There were plenty of twists in the plot, Sheldon's best expertise. He never fails to fascinate his fans. I couldn't put it down. You may want a movie adaptation. I recommend you to read the novel if you don't like alien crap, like me, because it's gonna change your mind about aliens, for sure.

2 book talk:

I love to read books, and Sidney Sheldon is one of my favorites, I can't say that I already read this but I will try whenever I get the chance. thanks for coming to my site.

http://bloggeriam.info

September 5, 2011 at 2:19 PM  

oooohhhh, I love Sidney Sheldon, and read almost all of his novels. I learned about him when I found my father's old paperback of A Stranger in the Mirror. I was a teenager then and quite "culture shocked" with the story line, but since then followed his novels. I read the Doomsday Conspiracy as well, but my favorite of all I've read is Master of the Game. If you haven't read that one yet, I strongly suggest it.

Glad to have found your site. I'm a booklover too :)

September 19, 2011 at 6:55 PM  

Newer Post Older Post Home